Sunday, July 15, 2007

Friday Night Lights! Oh... My... God!

Yesterday my roommate and I stood outside for 5 hours to see Rogue Wave and Spoon play at Cafe Du Nord for $10. It was totally worth it.

We discovered the "secret" show online last week and the excitement of seeing the band that wrote "Eyes" from the "I think we should have sex" episode of Friday Night Lights was almost too much.

I assumed other Rogue Wave fans would feel the same way but much to my surprise no one else there had even seen the show. I asked quite a few people and got the annoying San Francisco answer: "I don't own a tv," like 30 times. AGGGGGG!! Why is everyone all of the sudden too good for TV?

I pushed my way to the front and was determined to get some sort of Friday Night Lights related reaction from Rogue Wave. I screamed "Dillon Panthers Rule." Nothing. No recognition. They definitely heard me because I was screaming in between songs and people were giving me strange looks.

Finally, after screaming "Friday Night Lights", over and over again, the lead singer of Rogue Wave looked at me and said into the microphone as he sighed and looked at his feet:

"Friday Night Lights, Oh... My.. God..."

I don't think Rogue Wave watches the show.

Both bands were great. Even though I had to stand next to this weird guy who stole trail mix from a local bar and was selling drugs to people while in line, I had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment