Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Budpest

I've been in Budapest for five days now and compared to Sarajevo it feels like home. I went out dancing the second night and was delighted hear songs like "Groove is in the Heart." If there was anything I was hoping for in Europe it was cheesy dance clubs.



The churches and Museams are all lovely. I have also enjoyed having long meals and drinking Cappacino while reading my book.



My sister and I were directed to go out at night to a so called "island of fun." In Hungarian it is called "Hoyogyan cziget." The island of fun turned out the be a club with very young people hanging out under tents and standing around drinking. We met a few guys from London who said they were there for a "Drum and Bass" show. We wanted to wait for it to start but their pretentiousness drove us to drink to much absenth and go home. One of them lectured me on the value of spending my time on more worthwhile things than watching TV like reading. My sister, whose always got my back pointed out that listening to "Drum and Bass" music with highschool kids might not be the most productive use of time either. It was also nice to point out to them that it was their county that brought us the horrors of American Idol which I don't even want to start ranting about here.



No one in Hungary speaks english so its hard to get around. I was trying to find the aquarium and apparently saying "museam of fish" and drawing a picture of a shar and a fish in a cage is not enough. I did get to go to the zoo where a giraffe ate out of my hand which was fun.



Our waitor made fun of americans to the table next to us last night. I can't even describe how weird it was. Within earshot is a huge understatement.





Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment