Monday, June 18, 2007

Russians

I love that I am Russian but we are some crazy fools. I am watching the History channel series on Russian History and most decisions made by tsars seem to be alcohol related. Peter III hung a rat for treason!

I am also loving Peter the Great's Western European tour when he trashed everything in a very "Spring Break!" sort of way that I find endearing.

Valentin Serov's description of Peter the Great:

"He was frightful: long, on weak, spindly little legs and with a head so small in relation to the rest of his body...he looked more like a sort of dummy with a badly stuck on head than a live person. He suffered from a constant tic and was always making faces: wrinkling, screwing up his mouth, twitching his nose, wagging his chin."

Hilarious!

Russian scientists developed a new drug that prolongs drunkenness and enhances intoxication in 2005. I am expecting awesome results.

No comments:

Post a Comment